CIT HIRING PROCESS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: COUNSELOR IN TRAINING (CIT)
CONTRACT PERIOD: FROM: 6/26/2016 TO: 8/4/2017
*CIT applicants can be hired for one or multiple session during this period as needed by the camp hiring staff*
REPORTS TO HEAD COUNSELOR AND PROGRAM DIRECTOR
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: To assist counselors in their daily functions throughout the camp day.
CIT APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS
Must be at least 13 years of age, have completed 8th grade and must be a previous member of the KJK Summer Theatre Workshop for at least 3 years or have worked with the KJK School Program for 3 years.
BASIC FUNCTIONS TO BE PERFORMED BY A CIT
- Will assist counselor in instructing campers on proper techniques and skills to be used for each activity.
- Will assist any Specialist Instructor
- Will assist counselor in carrying out organized activities.
- All duties requested by supervisor.
- Will interact directly with campers every day in group and one on one settings
Being a CIT is NOT a paid position, but will fulfill community service hour requirements. CITs will be expected to follow the no cell phone policy, as do the campers.
This is VERY IMPORTANT and any violation of this policy will result in consideration of dismissal.
All CIT applicants will be required to attend a screening session. This will consist of an interview as well as basic information on the requirements of the applicant if they are to be hired. There will be two screening dates:
- January 19th @ 4:30pm – Location TBD
- March 23rd @ 4:30pm – Location TBD
If you are interested in applying to become a CIT for the summer of 2017, please email a short bio or resume to email@example.com.